This week, I’m looking to the past at both the gang from The O.C. and awesome beaut products from my preteen days.
1. This article: The O.C. Rewatch Project. Join the ladies at Forever Young Adult every Wednesday as they recap their rewatch of the classic 2000s drama “The O.C.” Welcome to the O.C. bitch. This is how we do it in Orange County.
2. This list: “Which Word Should Be Banned in 2015?” If only because I want to use every word on this stupid list now out of spite. I mean, I can’t even. So basic.
3. This pancake mix: Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix. I used this over the weekend. The pancakes were de—wait for it—lightful. Delightful.
4. This song: “Turn Away” by Beck. Listening to this song transports me to a beautiful wintry setting, perfect for this ugly weather. It’s simply transcendent. I first heard it in the trailer for Reese Witherspoon’s new movie “Wild,” which…by the way…looks amahzing.
5. This blast from the past: “All the 90s beauty products we wish we could still stuff in our Caboodles.” Guys. GUYS! Do you remember Bottled Emotion Perfume? I had completely forgotten about them until I read this article from the girls at Hello Giggles. I had all of these! If I recall, Sassy was my favorite.
This week I’ve stumbled upon a delicious Tuscan chicken skillet recipe, as well as the highly acclaimed Orange is the New Black, and more!
1. This recipe: Tuscan Chicken Skillet
2. This television show: Orange is the New Black, Season 1. I know I’m quite late to the game, but I just finished up season 1 of this Netflix hit, and I can’t wait to get my hands on season 2.
3. This oversized scarf: Tartan Heavy Scarf
4. This song: “Be Okay” by Oh Honey. Sometimes you just need some reassurance.
5. This quiz: Brad Pitt Movie-Hair Quiz. Turns out I know Brad Pitt’s hairstyles pretty damn well. (13/15) And now I want to watch Fight Club again.
This week, I’m excited to start reading my signed copy of Cary Elwes’ new memoir, and I’m even more excited for the Christmas musical spectacular Into the Woods.
1. This book: As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride. I haven’t read through my copy yet, but I did get a chance to meet Carey Elwes at a Q&A about this book. And I shook his hand. We are basically best friends now.
2. This song: “To Build a Home” by The Cinematic Orchestra. (Once again, I’ve paired the link with a dance sequence.)
3. This sneak peek: Into the Woods featurette. Are you excited about this movie? I’m excited about this movie.
4. This accessory: Darryl sunglasses by Kate Spade
5. Leaves. They’re finally where I can crunch them as I step on them. My dog can expect more walks in her future, just so I can make that sound.
This week, I’m super excited about killer zombies. And I have a craving for pumpkin pancakes. Those desires are one and the same, right?
1. This album: The Strokes’ Is This It. I heard a song from this album on the radio and it completely transported me back in time to sophomore year of high school. I’ve been listening to the entire album more than once this week.
2. This television show: The Walking Dead. Did any of you watch the premiere this week? (Spoiler!) Carol is such a BAMF!
3. This BuzzFeed article: “33 Struggles Only Copy Editors Will Understand.” Oh serial comma. Why do you haunt me so?
4. This recipe: Silver Dollar Pumpkin Pancakes. I haven’t made this recipe yet, but has The Pioneer Woman ever steered YOU wrong? I didn’t think so.
5. This watch: Fox Trot Watch. Okay, okay. It’s sold out online. But look at how cute it is! It even has ears! (Last spotted here.)
This week I’m still reeling from watching “Gone Girl” in theaters; am excited to have finally finished the interactive novel “Ship of Theseus;” enjoyed making salmon cakes for me and the husband; and more!
1. This beauty guide: 3 Everyday Eyeliner Shapes
2. This movie: Gone Girl. I especially enjoyed reading this article about Gillian Flynn’s take on her “cool girl” speech from the book. That part really stuck with me.
3. This book: Ship of Theseus. (I FINALLY finished it!)
4. This song: Wonderwall by Oasis. What a perfect song to listen to during this rainy weather. Does anyone else instantly relate this song to that scene from “The O.C.” when Seth Cohen sweeps Summer off her feet?
5. This recipe: Naked Salmon Burgers with Sriracha Mayo