This summer is looking up! The husband and I are going to satisfy our wanderlust by flying to Hawaii in July, and we are staying at the Ka’anapali Beach Hotel in Maui thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law.
Even though I’m making a list of everything I want to do (relax on the beach and go hiking are definitely making the list), I can’t help but start mentally shopping for the trip. The item at the top of my list? A tropical maxi dress. I used to have one, but it was sacrificed to the hotel gods at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. (Meaning it had “disappeared” when I called the hotel to tell them that I accidentally left it behind. Sure. It just “got up and walked away.”)
So here are some tropical maxi dresses I’m currently craving. Help me choose one for my island-bound luggage!
1. Sunset Maxi Dress by Nasty Gal, $158. This one’s pretty basic, but it sure looks comfy.
2. Island Print Maxi Dress by Forever 21, $24.80. I love the strapless cut of this dress partnered with a bright, bold print.
3. Flock Of Birds Dress by Free People, $198. I sure have expensive taste, as this is one of my favorites of the finds. I love the color and the asymmetrically placed bold print of a bird in flight.
4. Colorblock Maxi Dress by Target, $27.99. This is one of the more affordable of my finds. I love the color blocking and the lightweight feel of the fabric.
5. As A Matter Of Refract Dress by Mod Cloth, $84.99. Bold is the way to go with this rainbow-inspired gown.
6 Multicolored Dress by H&M, $24.95. H&M combines bold colors with loud patterns, and I adore it.
7. Ikat Maxi Dress by Ella Moss, $188. Again, I’m loving the bright colors and bold print. (Are you seeing a trend yet?)
8. Tegan Ombre Halter Dress by Nordstrom, $216. This is a little different from my other finds. The color is not so bright. In fact, the subtle ombre hue allows the design of the dress to make the statement.
9. Aija Maxi Dress by Anthropologie, $158. My pricey preferences continue, as this is my second favorite find. Can I get this half off, please? … Pretty please?
What about you? Any exciting plans for the summer? What are your travel fashion cravings? Leave me a comment and let me know!