This week, I found myself feeling nostalgic. I also spent an amazing Saturday with my niece at the annual Friends of the Library book sale in Topeka, where I scored a giant stack of books. Here is this week’s favorites.
1. Books, books, books. This Saturday I went to the Kansas Expo Center in Topeka with my niece where the annual Friends of the Library book sale was being held. Like my niece, I have become a total book hoarder. Rounding out my collection with books I’ve read and loved, as well as new books that sound intriguing, I scored 18 new books ($1 small paperbacks and $2 large paperbacks and hardbacks). I’m one book away from completing my Julia Quinn Bridgerton series. Plus, I picked up J.K. Rowling’s two new non-Harry Potter books, The Casual Vacancy and The Cuckoo’s Calling. Who wants to borrow a book?
2. This song: “Gravity” by Sarah Bareilles. This Tuesday night at the dance class I attend (Point B), we learned a routine to this contemporary classic. Talk about the perfect Tuesday evening. I still get chills watching season 5’s Kayla and Kupono dance to this from “So You Think You Can Dance.”
3. This lipstick: MAC Cosmetic’s Vegas Volt. This orange-coral lipstick has fast become my favorite lip color. It makes a bold statement without looking too over-the-top.
4. This recipe: Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
5. Vulture’s Friends SAT exam. This week celebrated the 20th anniversary of the timeless sitcom. I got a 37/40…and I’m a little sad about it. Stuipid math questions.