Happy summer! This past Memorial Day weekend was a wonderful respite. It consisted of golf, barbeques, summer brews, the pool, mai tais and sunburns. (That last part was actually not so wonderful. Ouch!)
Now that summer has officially started, I’ve decided to make a summer checklist. Nothing too hardcore, just a couple of fun activities and accomplishments I would like to enjoy this year. Here it is:
1. Burn a mixed cd with songs that remind me of this summer.
2. Find the perfect tropical maxi dress to wear in Hawaii this July.
3. Go to an outdoor concert. (Buzz Beach Ball, here I come!)
4. Concoct a signature summer drink. (I’m thinking about something with cilantro, sparkling water and rum.)
5. Host a barbeque with all my friends.
6. Finish a DIY project (any DIY project!) from my Pinterest board Makeable.
7. Visit a local winery with the hubbie.
8. Ride my bike along a trail and/or around the KU campus.
9. Have a picnic.
10. Watch a summer blockbuster in theaters. There are so many to choose from, including The Avengers, Snow White & The Huntsman, and The Dark Knight Returns.
What’s on your summer checklist? Anything fun and fabulous you want to do this year? Leave me a comment and let me know!