Kanrocksas signified the end of the summer for me. For others, the end of summer means back-to-school supplies. For me it means … cool weather. Yup. That’s about it. Ooh, and boots.
Now that I’m an adult, I don’t have the first day of school to either look forward to or dread, depending on my mood. And the thing I miss most? School supplies.
I miss shopping for back-to-school supplies. I miss it dearly. I miss flipping through all the endless folder and notebook possibilities and choosing my six favorites (one for each class—one Lisa Frank folder required), picking a binder that coordinates, stocking up on colorful pens and pencils (Yikes!) and convincing my mom that I needed a few extra supplies not found on the school-approved list. (Colored glue anyone?)
So I’ve decided, why let only the school-bound have all the fun? Even though my office buys me all the (boring) office supplies I need, here are my dream back-to-school supplies.
1. Safari Sunset book keeper by Vera Bradley, $15. www.verabradley.com
2. Drift Wood Fabric Covered Journal from Barnes & Noble, $14.96. www.bn.com
3. Moustache Clips by Paper Source, $4.95. www.paper-source.com
4. Classic Tile Page Flags by Paper Source, $5.95. www.paper-source.com
5. Julep sticky-note pads by Smock, $18. www.smockpaper.com
6. Greenroom Composition Notebooks from Target, $3.99. www.target.com
7. Romeo & Juliet Pencil Set from Etsy, $6. www.etsy.com/shop/bouncingballcreation
8. Greenroom Recycled Expanding 7-Pocket File from Target, $7.99. www.target.com
9. Pencil Cup in Ikat Chevron by SusyJack, $9.50. www.susyjack.bigcartel.com
10. Very Berry Paisley notebook by Vera Bradley, $16. www.verabradley.com
11. Pilot Needlepoint Precise V5 Rolling Ball Pens from Target. www.target.com